Please see the attached maps for information on forthcoming road closures.
Bournemouth Road Closure
Louse Lane Road Closure
Letter from Angus Campbell, the Lord Lieutenant for Dorset.
Please excuse this communication coming to you in email form but it does appear to be the quickest way to get a message to where it is needed at this difficult time.
We are now in our ninth week of ‘Lockdown’ and I felt that, as Her Majesty the Queen’s representative in Dorset, I would like to thank you, on Her Majesty’s behalf, for the magnificent work you and all our Town and Parish Councils have done, and are doing, in the face of this international emergency.
I know that all involved with Dorset Association of Town and Parish Councils are working extremely hard to support the people of Dorset through these most stressful times. I am very aware of the dedication, innovation and determination that is involved in such an enterprise. It is so difficult to keep the essential ‘day-job’ duties going and, at the same time, to respond rapidly and innovatively to the extraordinary preparation and needs created by the current pandemic. I have heard a number of brilliant reports of how Parishes and Towns are rising to the extraordinary challenge that has been set by ‘Covid’ and how they have been stepping up to the plate in their support of the people of our County. I am extremely proud to see how our local communities have rallied to the cause to protect the vulnerable at this difficult time. A terrific example for us all.
I have been hugely impressed with the way organisations and individuals have come together across the County to support the sick and the vulnerable in all the areas of their lives where they need protection and help. It is a magnificent demonstration of the best of community spirit and selflessness across Dorset and the country.
I just wanted to thank you and all our Towns and Parishes for all they are doing in these difficult times. Particularly so as I know Her Majesty and the other members of the Royal Family would wish me to voice their appreciation and admiration for your tremendous efforts at this most difficult time. Could you please circulate this message to all your members.
With my very grateful thanks,
Yours as ever,
COVID-19 – HELP FOR THOSE IN SELF-ISOLATION
If a resident finds they have to self-isolate and he/she does not have any plans in place, the Parish Council has set up a scheme to pick up essential items, such as food or prescriptions, so that we may be able to help residents of the Parish of Sturminster Marshall who have to self-isolate.
Under this scheme, it may be possible for Councillors/volunteers to help by collecting and delivering to your home any essential items, such as food and prescriptions from the nearby food stores and pharmacy. Please feel free to contact the allocated Councillor for your part of the Parish from the list below and discuss with them how they or a volunteer may be able to help you.
Councillors who are making themselves available can be contacted for your part of the Parish from the list below. We have also included the two vicars who cover Sturminster Marshall and Almer.
- Hilary Palmer – Back Lane/Front Lane/Church Street/King Street/Millmoor/High Street/High Close/Elm Gardens/Jubilee Way/ Sheridan Way/Moor Lane, The Gardens – 07766235865
- Sonia Cade – Dullar Lane/Blandford Road/Lambs Lane/Station Road/Newton Road/Poole Road/Kents Lane/ Townsend/Henbury/Newton Peverill All outlying areas excluding Almer - 07717614270
- Maureen Steel – Churchill Close/Tattersall Gardens/Railway Drive/Parklea /Haycock Way/ Charborough Way/ Nursery Gardens/ Balls Lane/ Reeves Orchard - 07920875665
- Lynne Seare – Almer/Mapperton – 07759 892965
- Alison Clothier – Rushall Lane/Wimborne Road/ Crumpets Drive outlying areas Lytchett- 07469780548
- St Marys Church, Sturminster Marshall
- Rev’d Carolyn Couzens Tel: 01258 858353 email email@example.com
- St Marys Church, Almer
- Rev’d Justin Pottinger Tel: 01929 459244
- Sturminster Marshall Pharmacy: Wellbeing Pharmacy 01258 857657
- NISA, Sturminster Marshall: 01258 269655 (will offer delivery)
- Co-op, Sturminster Marshall: 01258 857060 (will offer delivery)
Please remember this is a short-term emergency collect and door-step delivery service only. Further updates will be available on the Parish Council website at www.sturminstermarshall-pc.gov.uk.
If you would like to volunteer to help please contact the Parish Clerk on 07469780548 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Weather warnings and flooding
Information on flooding can be found here